We got your company covered after a fire but make sure you keep your employees safe!
Here at SERVPRO of North East Chester County we serve to restore any business back to a sanitized, clean, safe state. We want to make sure that all employees and whom are visiting the building attempt to avoid a major disaster in these 5 steps in practicing fire safety in a commercial property.
1. Make sure every employee in the building are following the local building codes, per these codes they are required to install smoke detectors and fire extinguishers in the designated spot.
2. No Smoking in a commercial building. It is very difficult for everyone to be aware if a fire is currently happening on the other side of the property and a chance of someone being hurt. Try to create your smoking zones away from the building with marked fireproof waste containers.
3. Make sure you and everyone around you are completely aware of the buildings evacuation plan, safe meeting point and all fire escape stairs are clear and well lit for safety.
4. Keep an eye on the chemicals and solutions that are stored together in the building. Flammable products should be stored outside and away from the building for safety precautions.
5. Keep up with the maintenance of the building and always have all equipment checked and tested. Replace any item that is connected to live wires that are hot to the touch. Replace old power cords. Always check fire exits to make sure it is functioning properly.
We are always here to help, but we rather everyone remain safe!