What to Do When You Experience Storm Damage
Time is (Not!) On My Side...
The reality with timeliness as pertains to storm damage at your Chester County home or business is actually the exact opposite of what the classic Rolling Stones song sings: time is NOT on your side! As with other types of damage, time is really of the essence when contacting your insurance carrier and informing them of your situation. Likewise, contacting SERVPRO of North East Chester County should be top priority! A commonly held misnomer is that you must receive a claim #, etc. from your insurance carrier prior to calling us and having us arrive on-site - NOT TRUE! Oftentimes, one of the first things that your insurance company will do is ask if you have contacted SERVPRO, then instruct you to do so - the reason is that they know as well as we do, that the more timely the mitigation can begin, the lesser the damage and cost of the claim!
Tips for Storm-Related Insurance Claims
- Don't Delay! Most insurance policies limit your time to file a claim
- You can't be singled out for a rate increase due to storm damage
- Insurance restoration contractors advocate for you
- Always hire the best contractor, not the cheapest
- Beware of insurance company "approved" contractors
- Always do your homework and understand your rights
One Thing is For Sure...
The number one thing to do after experiencing storm damage is call our experienced technicians at SERVPRO of North East Chester County - we will really take the pressure off of you, while walking you through the process of mitigating your damages and getting things back, "like they never even happened!"