Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Safety is and should always be your #1 focus after a water loss in Phoenixville, PA. When a pipe break or leaking faucet leaves behind water, the best thing to do is quickly contain the water to prevent spreading throughout other rooms by turning off the water from the source. Once the water source is stopped, first leaving the home until help arrives can prevent from "slip and fall" hazards. Wet materials in the home can also be heavy so asking for assistance or letting our crews help can prevent yourself from getting hurt. Give SERVPRO of North East Chester County a call today for your water restoration emergency.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (610) 948-2141
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.